Affiliate marketing is one of the largest income sources for most internet marketers. Since it was introduced on the internet over 16 billion dollars have been generated from this industry so far, making it one of the most popular ways of making money online. So, is affiliate marketing proven to work?
Affiliate marketing has been proven to work because thousands of people have made money from it and there are still a handful of people who are making decent income through affiliate marketing, so it works.
But it’s not a quick solution to financial freedom, it takes time, effort, and consistency and you have to be patient.
Read on, the following article provides more detail regarding your question. Plus, how to make affiliate marketing work and proven methods that work in affiliate marketing.
With further ado, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
So, Is Affiliate Marketing Proven To Work
To put it simply – Yes, it is. Affiliate marketing has been proven to be one of the best and fastest-growing online businesses, there are literally thousands of people across the globe who have become millionaires through affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing can be very profitable and can deliver you awesome results if done correctly.
You need to first focus on providing value first rather than selling. Every successful affiliate you see online today actually focuses on providing the right information to the right people at a time. Before trying to make money from them.
That said, affiliate marketing is a very effective and lucrative way of marketing products and earning money online.
Affiliate marketing is a win-win situation business model.
For affiliate marketers, you don’t have to create your own product or service to make money with this business model.
The cost of starting affiliate marketing is relatively low.
Affiliate marketing has been around for more than decades and it’s rapidly growing than any online business out there.
Nowadays, affiliate marketing is used across the globe.
- It’s estimated that 80% of brands have affiliate programs.
- Affiliate marketing spending is projected to grow by over 10% in the next couple of years.
- Globally, the USA has the largest market share in the affiliate industry, with over 39% share.
- Affiliate marketing accounts for over 16% of all eCommerce orders in the USA and Canada.
- Nearly 65% of affiliate marketers worldwide generate traffic by blogging alone.
- Affiliate marketing accounts for over 15% of all digital media revenue.
- Statistics reveal that 94% of publishers use multiple affiliate marketing networks.
Recent statistics reveal that the affiliate industry is currently estimated to be worth $16 billion and still counting. : Source.
What Is Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a marketing method or a process of earning money online by promoting other people’s (an individual or company’s) products.
How Does It Work?
The affiliate simply searches for a product or service they like or have used before and signed up with it as an affiliate.
They’re given a unique URL.
This URL is called an affiliate link and it is tight to their affiliate account so to record any successful traffic or sale they refer to the product.
They promote this link to others either through a YouTube video or blog article or social media post.
And earn a piece of commission for each sale that they generate.
To Succeed in affiliate marketing requires GOOD knowledge, effort, persistence, and above all patience.
P.S: I have an in-depth post about what actually is affiliate marketing and how it works. You can check it out.
Why Is Affiliate Marketing Proven To Work?
Affiliate marketing is a great business model because almost all businesses want to reach new potential customers and increase their brand awareness & product sales.
And affiliate marketing model is what most of them use to get in front of new audiences.
Affiliate marketing allows them to effectively promote or market their product and services with a low budget and still reach mass audiences.
And make a higher profit in returns.
This is a sign that affiliate marketing does work.
If you’re an affiliate marketer you can partner with this brand for free if their product is similar or relevant to your niche audience interest.
And then promote their product to your audience.
Once your audiences are interested in the product and purchase it through you, you get paid a commission.
The more products you sell the more money you can possibly earn.
I personally know people who are earning anywhere between $1,000 to $10,000+ a month simply promoting other people’s products.
That’s the beauty of affiliate marketing.
- PS: I have another post where I share with you more in detail on: Does affiliate marketing still work? And some of the reasons why it doesn’t work for some people.
How Long It Takes For Affiliate Marketing To Work
How long it can take for affiliate marketing to work depends on many factors such as your niche, your knowledge level about your niche, your work ethic, and the kind of product you’re promoting.
And the method you’re using for promoting your affiliate product or service, etc.
If you’re in a competitive niche like health and fitness, make money online and in the dating niche.
And you’re using promotional methods like blogging or YouTube.
Well, it will probably take you a very long time to get your affiliate business on the ground.
Roughly 1-3 years or even more in some cases.
If you find yourself in the above-mentioned niche, then you need to up your working ethic, be consistent, and focus on providing more valuable content to your audience.
Invest in a good marketing training course to improve your marketing skills.
And above all be patient.
However, if you have the budget you can somehow speed up the process.
You can run paid advertising through platforms such as Google Adword, Facebook, etc.
To send traffic to your affiliate offer.
IMPORTANT: Run paid to send people to a landing page and try to collect their email addresses and then use email marketing to promote your offer to them.
This strategy works very effectively when done correctly.
- PS: I have another post where I go more into detail on how long it takes to make money from affiliate marketing.
Can I Find Success In Affiliate Marketing?
In my opinion, everyone can succeed in affiliate marketing if you’re willing to follow the right strategy and invest in a knowledge (training course) to improve your skills as a marketer.
And above all, if you’re willing to put in the necessary work and be patient.
Affiliate marketing is a value game, meaning, you should focus on helping your audience first before thinking of making money.
Most successful affiliate marketers in the world, who are making 6 to 7-figures per month from their affiliate business…
Most of them focus on establishing themselves as experts in their field by purely helping their audience by producing helpful content and not trying to spam them with their affiliate offers.
If you focus on answering and solving your audience’s biggest problems and challenges first they’ll buy what you recommend.
More Value = More Money!
Real Successful Affiliate Marketers Do These 5 Things:
- Providing useful content. They understand that they’ll only make money by solving their audience’s problem, so they focus more on helping their audience instead of trying to promote their affiliate offer to them all the time. Money follows trust!
- Build an email list. They understand that people don’t normally buy an offer the first time of seeing it, so before they send the visitor to the product sales page, they first capture the visitor’s email address in case they don’t buy the product at that first exposure, now, they can follow-up and remarket the product to them over and over again until they are ready.
- They know who their audiences’ are. They know what their audience wants, and are in need of, and provide them with exactly that. There are tons and tons of people seeking answers and solutions to a problem that they’re facing. So, you want to know what their needs are and provide information that’ll satisfy their demands.
- Selling products that satisfied people’s demands. There are hundreds and thousands of products out there in that marketplace that you can sign up with and promote. Make sure you don’t promote products that people are not in need of.
Why Affiliate Marketing Does Not Work For Most Beginners
Well, you, failing with affiliate marketing can depend on so many factors.
Below Are Some Of The Factors Why Affiliate Marketing Does Not Work For Most Beginners:
1. How You Go About Build Your Affiliate Business
One of the most common ones is how you go about building your affiliate business.
Honestly, there are WRONG and RIGHT ways to do affiliate marketing.
Out of the 100% of people out there who attempt affiliate marketing only 3% of them are actually making decent income from their affiliate business.
The rest 97% of the people don’t know what it actually takes to make money from this business model.
Why doesn’t it work for most? I think that’s the best question to ask.
“The number one reason most people fail at running an online business with affiliate marketing successfully is simply because of lack of proper training, commitment and perseverance”.
2. Not Providing Enough Value To Their Audience
The primary reason is that they don’t focus on building trust with the audience first before trying to sell to them.
In affiliate marketing, trust plays an important role, people won’t buy from you until or unless they trust you.
So, what do I have to do? Great question!
Try providing tons of content.
Provide content that solves the problem, pain, and challenges they’re facing.
And overtime as they begin to know, like, and trust you, then give your recommendation to them.
Make sure the product is of good quality and will help solve their problem or achieve their desired goal.
Don’t just promote any crappy product to them that can destroy the trust you build with them
3. Not Having Enough Knowledge About The Product They’re Promoting
Another reason why affiliate marketing does not work for beginners is that they don’t have enough knowledge about the product they’re selling.
The vast majority of beginning affiliate marketers just pick any product they come across on the internet.
And immediately get into the process of promoting the product right away without taking the time to learn about the product.
If you don’t know about the product you’re selling.
It will be very hard for you to write a good, high-quality, and unique report about the product.
- PS: I have another post where I go more in-depth on Why Affiliate Marketers Fail and the solution.
What Are The Proven Methods That Work In Affiliate Marketing
There are several different ways you can do affiliate marketing.
Here Is Some Of The Best Way You Can Do Affiliate Marketing:
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc
- Forum, etc
The above are all great ways you can do affiliate marketing, but in my opinion Blogging and YouTube are by far the best method.
By the way…
- PS: I have another post where I share with blog or YouTube which one is best for affiliate marketing. Check it out.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing With A Proven Method That Works
Affiliate marketing has definitely worked for a lot of people and a lot of people have also failed with affiliate marketing.
You can succeed in this business model only if you follow a proven method and do it right.
Running a successful affiliate marketing business has a proven 7-step method and when you follow these steps properly success is bound to happen for you.
Here Are The PROVEN STEPS TO AFFILIATE MARKETING:
- Step 1. Choose a Niche: A niche is simply a topic you’re going to be writing content around on your website and this has to be about a specific topic you’re interested in or passionate about. It has to also be something you at least have a bit of knowledge and experience about, why? So you can be able to offer value to your audience.
- Step 2. Select a Product: With affiliate marketing, you need to have something to sell and you want to find one particular product you believe in or have used yourself and then focus on it. Don’t overwhelm yourself by marketing different affiliate products all at once, choose only one product and stick with it.
- Step 3. Build a Website: After your niche and your product is ready, you want to build a blog or website relevant to your niche so you can market your product. If you haven’t started your blog yet, check out this tutorial on how to start a blog.
- Step 4. Do Keywords Research: Next, you’ll have to figure out what phrases and terms your target audiences are searching for in the search engines (Google) when looking for information related to your niche and product. So, you can attract them to view your content and affiliate offers.
- Step 5. Create quality content: Content is king. This is where you serve and solve your target audience’s problems and the challenges they are facing. As you have figured out those terms, you want to start cracking content around those terms.
- Step 6. Build an Email List: This is the most important part of affiliate marketing. If you’re running an affiliate business and you’re not building an email list, guess what, you’re literally leaving huge money on the table. Email is the lifeblood of your business, it’s often said, ‘your money is in the list’ and that’s TRUE, online people are very skeptical when it comes to buying stuff. The only way they’re going to buy from is when you have them on your list and do repeated marketing with them using email marketing.
Is Affiliate Marketing Proven To Work?
Wondering, does affiliate marketing really work? Yes, it works perfectly, but only for those who are willing to put in the necessary work, the time, and the patience.
To make affiliate marketing work for you, you need to treat it as a real business, instead of treating it as a hobby.
You’d want to focus on providing useful value to your audience first before trying to sell to them.
And more importantly, you should only promote products or services that are of good quality.
As long as you provide useful value to your audience, they’ll also support you by buying through your affiliate link.
REMEMBER: Value is what will make people want to buy from you, so, to make your affiliate marketing successful focus on providing more value.
Is There A Future In Affiliate Marketing
According to Kinga Edwards user on Quora, Affiliate marketing, will be doing really well, for quite a few reasons:
- there are still many industries that rely solely on affiliate marketing (e.g. because they can’t use other promotional methods due to the nature of their services) and they are predicted to invest even more in affiliate marketing in the future.
- affiliate marketing is proven to deliver great results and in many industries, it’s just cheaper to implement and maintain than testing out other solutions for product/services promotion
- affiliate marketing efforts are, in most cases, easily scalable and customizable, so you can adjust or expand your affiliate marketing program without spending a fortune
- the affiliate marketing model is relatively fair for your business – no matter if you’re starting out or you’ve been on the market for a while, it’s just more affordable in many cases to pay a commission fee instead of a fixed price
Do Affiliate Marketing Work?
Yes, affiliate marketing work. Despite a lot of bad comments from people about affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is definitely a legit way to earn a real income online. The affiliate marketing industry is very large and It is rapidly growing.
It is one of the best ways of marketing your products or business all around the globe through other websites.
Most companies want to grow their business and increase the sales of their product and services.
They’re more than happy to pay affiliate marketers a commission for every successful sale they generate for them.
Is Affiliate Marketing Still Profitable?
Yes, affiliate marketing is still profitable but it has to be done the right in order to make it profitable. You cannot spam your affiliate link and expect to sit back and watch the money roll into your bank account. You need to put in the time, work and effort, and be consistent in order to be successful.
Is Affiliate Marketing Hard For Beginners?
Just like anything in life, your first time you are going to face a lot of challenges or difficulties in the beginning, but with a commitment to learning, persistence, and experience, it becomes less difficult and easier than before.
When starting out, I recommend you find people who are already successful with what you’re doing and learn directly from them. It will save you time and years of mistakes.
There are a lot of people teaching affiliate marketing methods online that are not effective and are just a waste of time.
You want to find people who teach a proven method and are also affiliate marketers themselves.
Why Affiliate Marketing Is The Best?
There are so many benefits to affiliate marketing. Below are some of them:
1. No Qualifications Required
2. Work Freedom
3. Location Freedom
4. Little To No Investment
5. Increase your Reputation & Incredibility
6. Unlimited Income Potential
7. Start With very few Followers
8. High Commissions
9. No Age Limit
10. Passive Income
11. You Don’t Need To Create Your Own Product
Why Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
Affiliate marketing work because it is a win-win business model. Affiliate marketing is a mutually beneficial system where everyone that participates is able to benefit. The affiliate and the vendor ( the product creator) get to make money and the customer also wins because they get access to high-quality solutions to their problems or pain.
Is Affiliate Marketing safe?
Yes, affiliate marketing is a safe business model. However, there are some affiliate programs that may not be completely 100% legit or ethical. So as a beginner, you need to be aware of that and do proper research before joining any affiliate program.
Also, you need to have good knowledge about affiliate marketing before taking any further steps on it otherwise it will be a waste of time.
But affiliate marketing is a completely safe business model.
What Is The Harsh Truth About Affiliate Marketing?
The hard truth about affiliate marketing is that a lot of people who attempt affiliate marketing fail, people won’t see the result they are expecting or hoping for. Also, it is not a quick way of making money online, it takes time and a lot of hard work, sacrifice, and money in the beginning to see results.
Is Affiliate Marketing A Scam?
The myth that affiliate marketing is a scam is simply not true. I personally know affiliate marketers who are earning a decent income from affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is valuable and simply performance-based marketing. Therefore it is not a scam.
Is Affiliate Marketing Legit?
Affiliate marketing is a 100% legal and legitimate way of making money online by linking to other people’s products or services in exchange for a commission and it is in no way an MLM kind of stuff.
Is There A Risk in Affiliate Marketing?
There are a ton of risks and downfalls associated with affiliate marketing and a lot of affiliate marketers are not aware of this. One of the risks is that you may not know what the affiliate company’s policies and procedures are, which could lead to your affiliate account being suspended.
That’s It Folks!
That’s the answer to your question on is affiliate marketing proven to work? Affiliate marketing is presented to be the best way for beginners to earn a passive income online and can start with zero experience.
There are tons of people who have used affiliate marketing to create multiple 6-figure online businesses.
And it’s not as difficult as many people think it is, and you can find it work for you if you’re willing to put in massive work, effort, commitment to learning, and not give up!
It’s true that there are many people who have failed with affiliate marketing.
But it’s also true that many people have succeeded with this business model and are making a decent income from it.
In the beginning, things are going to get difficult, but you just have to persevere, put in the effort and never give up!
There you have it folks on, is affiliate marketing proven to work I hope you enjoy it.