There are a lot of great ways that bloggers make money online.
The most basic and popular ways that most bloggers make money online are through Display Ads and Affiliate Marketing.
Display Ads is you just signing up for an Ads company and they’ll put display advertisements on your website.
And they’ll pay you generally $15 to $25 or more per every thousand page views.
However, that income can go higher depending on your niche or topic.
And affiliate marketing is when you link to affiliate networks such as ClickBank, Amazon, etc, and they’ll give you a commission for sending someone to buy their products or services.
That said, these two forms of making money from a blog are really simple.
But the only problem is, if you don’t get the traffic you won’t make money from any of them.
Table of Contents
Top 6 Ways Bloggers Make Money Blogging
Here are some of the best ways bloggers earn money online:
- Affiliate Marketing: Make money as a blogger by promoting products or services and earn a commission for each sale or lead generated through your unique affiliate link.
- Ad Revenue: Monetize your website by displaying ads through ad networks like Google AdSense, Mediavine, Ezoic, and Adthrive.
- Selling Digital Products: Create and sell digital products such as e-books, online courses, printables, or software.
- Email Marketing: Capture and build an email list of visitors on your blog and monetize it through affiliate offers or product promotions.
- Sponsored Posts: Collaborate with companies or brands to create content promoting their products or services in exchange for payment.
- Selling Membership Site: Offer premium content or exclusive resources through a membership site, charging users a recurring fee for access.
- Building Brand and Credibility: Establishing a strong personal brand and credibility can lead to opportunities such as speaking engagements, consulting, or partnerships.
Caution: You won’t make a lot of money in your first months or a year of blogging. It takes a very long time and hard work to make money blogging.
But with persistence, determination, massive action, and the right approach. You can start to earn a decent, consistent income every month.
All Different Ways Bloggers Make Money Online
There are many ways to make money from your blog depending on the nature of your blog, what niche you’re in, or your business model, depending on your earning goals.
That said, you can choose from one of the methods of earning money with a blog below.
Here are different Ways You can fully monetize your blog or website:
- Affiliate Marketing (Add affiliate links to your blog post to promote products)
- Display Advertising ( Display ads through ad networks like Google AdSense, Ezoic, Adthrive, etc)
- Sell Digital Products (Create and sell digital products such as e-books, online courses, etc)
- Sponsor Post (Collaborate with companies or brands to create and publish content promoting their products or services in exchange for payment)
- Offer Consulting Services (Leverage your expertise in your blog’s niche to offer consulting services)
- Membership or Subscription Models
- For Building Brand And Credibility
- Build An Audience And Loyal Customers
- Freelance Writing (Use your blog as a portfolio to attract freelance writing opportunities)
- Sell Physical Products
- Donations and Crowdfunding
- Offer Online Courses or Workshops (Develop and sell online courses or workshops based on your expertise).
- Host Webinars or Virtual Events
- Create and Sell Merchandise (Design and sell branded merchandise such as T-shirts, and other items related to your blog’s niche)
- License Your Content
- Participate in Sponsored Reviews (Receive compensation for reviewing products or services on your blog)
In my opinion, I think affiliate marketing is by far one of the best to make money from your blog.
Why? With affiliate marketing, you don’t need to have tons of traffic to your blog before you can start earning money.
As a new blogger, this is a great opportunity for you as you can usually start to earn some income with your blog from there.
If your blog is new or has low traffic, affiliate marketing is the best way to go.
That said, to make money with affiliate marketing, simply write a great review about a product you an affiliate for.
And add a link to the product within your content.
And if your readers click on the link and make a purchase you earn a commission.
I WANT YOU TO TAKE NOTE OF THIS IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED WITH AFFILIATE MARKETING WITH A BLOG:
- Structure your affiliate links properly in your content. Don’t spam your reader with your affiliate link.
- Create quality content to attract new visitors to your site.
- Focus more on providing value first.
- Select a product that adds value to your audience’s life. (The one that solves problems your readers are facing.
- Build an email list (don’t send people directly to raw affiliate links. Capture your reader’s email addresses first and then market the product to them through email marketing)
Recommended Reading: How To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing: Complete Guide
Ads are one of the most common and popular ways that most bloggers earn money from their blogs, especially the beginning bloggers.
A recent study shows that more than 75% of bloggers in the world make money from their blogs through Ads.
This is simply because with Ads you don’t have to do anything.
All you have to do is sign up with an ad network and you’ll be given an ad code and you can place this code on your site.
And from there, all you have to do is to focus on creating great content that will drive traffic to your website.
That said, as ads are a great way of making money as a blogger, to make a decent, sustainable income from ads, you need to generate tons of monthly traffic to your blog.
Why? The more traffic you generate on your blog the more income you’ll make.
For example, if you get 100,000 page views per month to your blog, you can make a lot of money from that.
Especially if you work with premium ad networks such as:
These three ad management networks pay way more than what Adsense and the rest of the other ad networks out there pay.
If you can get your site on one of these premium ad networks you can make serious money from your blog.
But the only thing is that they won’t accept you until you reach a certain level of traffic.
Mostly 10,000 to 100,000 page views per month from your blog.
But here is the good news, right now Ezoic is accepting sites with even zero page views.
So, that means you can get your site on Ezoic right after creating it.
Selling Your Own Product
Selling your own product is also another great way to make money from your blog
If your idea is not to sell other people’s products on your blog, you can create your own product or service such as an e-book or course, and sell it on your blog.
I know people who are selling their own products on their blog and are making a very significant income from that.
If you have knowledge in any field that you think people will benefit from, why not create a product around that?
The product can be physical or digital.
Examples of this can include items such as:
- eBooks – ebooks are a great way to make money blogging. Put together your knowledge about specific topics and turn it into an eBook.
- Online Course – You can identify a specific problem that you think people are having challenges with and create a course that provides a solution to that problem. And sell that course on your blog. But the only problem with this is that you’ll have to spend a little money to get that set up successfully.
A sponsored post is simply promoting a large company’s product on your blog or writing a piece of content about a company on your blog.
It’s not anything about SEO it’s just brand awareness.
If you have a professional good-looking website.
And a decent amount of monthly visitors to your blog, you can offer a sponsored post from other companies.
Why did I say a good amount of traffic?
The thing is, companies will only love to work with you or approach you for their product if they see that you’re getting a lot of traffic to your blog.
Sponsor posts are also one of the best ways most of the top bloggers make money online.
You can make a lot of money from your blog through sponsored posts.
I know a blogger who’s making way more than a full-time income a month through sponsor posts alone.
Although sponsored posts take a lot of work, effort, and time, it’s still one of the best ways to make a real income from your blog.
Offer Consulting Services
Offering consulting services is a strategic way to monetize your expertise in a specific niche through personalized interactions with your audience.
- Provide personalized coaching sessions on your blog or website where you work closely with clients to address their specific needs, challenges, and goals.
- Conduct individual sessions via video calls, phone calls, or in-person meetings.
- Tailor coaching sessions to the client’s unique circumstances.
- Offer guidance, support, and actionable steps to help clients overcome challenges.
Membership or Subscription Models
A membership site is a site that requires you to pay a monthly fee when you join.
Membership sites are often education platforms where people join to learn and better their lives and they’re charged monthly.
If you have good knowledge in any field, you can offer coaching services or consultants, etc. And put a subscription on it.
And if you get people to join your membership site and you’re able to maintain them, you can make a healthy income every single month.
For example, if you have 100 people that join your membership site and those 100 people each of them are paying $50 to $70 every month.
You can be making passive income as long you maintain your members.
Use It To Build Brand And Credibility
Using your blog to build a personal brand and credibility can be of good help.
It can help you build TRUST in the eye of your targeted audience and also help you rank well in the search engines.
Using your blog as a ladder of building Authority in your space can lead to a very profitable way of increasing your revenue and expanding your reach.
So, how do I do that? Great question!
First, you start by identifying what problem, pain, or challenges your target audiences’ are facing.
And then provide a solution to those problems.
You can also connect with other people who are already successful with what you’re doing and ask them if they can feature in their work.
In this case, their audience can get exposed to your work.
Why all this?
This will help you increase your brand awareness and expose more people to your brand.
And as more people get exposure to your brand, your engagement will increase.
Now… As companies see that you get more engagement whenever you post, they’ll want to pay you to get their product in front of your readers.
Build An Audience And Loyal Customers
You can use your blog to build loyal customers who will purchase from you over and over again.
How do I do that?
If you provide your audience with valuable, relevant, high-quality content that helps them in one way or the other.
They will start to Know, Like, and Trust you and even start to see you as an expert and go-to person for help and advice.
They’ll even recommend you to others.
Now… As that happens anytime you recommend an offer to them, they’ll be willing to buy from you simply because they TRUST YOU.
You can offer yourself as a freelance writer and write content on other people’s websites.
You can make a decent income working from home as a freelance writer.
Sell Physical Products
If applicable, sell physical products related to your blog niche. This could include merchandise, handmade crafts, or other relevant items.
Donations and Crowdfunding
You can use your blog to ask your audience for voluntary donations or set up a crowdfunding campaign to support your blogging efforts.
Host Webinars or Virtual Events
Charge a fee for hosting webinars, virtual events, or live Q&A sessions related to your blog’s content.
Create and Sell Merchandise
Design and sell branded merchandise such as T-shirts, mugs, or other items related to your blog’s theme.
License Your Content
License your blog content, especially if it’s highly valuable or niche-specific, to other websites, publications, or businesses.
Can You Make Significant Money Blogging?
To put it simply – yes, you can make a significant income blogging.
It’s not strange or secret today to make money from your blog, it’s absolutely 100% legit and very possible to make money from a blog.
The concept of making money blogging is simple.
You can create relevant, high-quality, and valuable content on your blog in a specific area of your interest.
This could be:
- Travel, etc
Just anything you can think of under the sun.
And once the blog starts to generate a significant amount of traffic every month.
You can start to monetize it in various ways as mentioned above and start making money from it.
I know bloggers who are making hundreds and thousands of dollars per month from their blogs.
How Much Money Can You Make As A Blogger?
With blogging, how much you earn will depend on your knowledge about your niche, the amount of traffic you’re getting to your blog, and how you monetize your blog.
FTC Disclaimer: A beginner blogger can make anywhere from $0 to $500 per month.
An average blogger can earn from $1,000 to 5,000 or more per month.
A pro blogger can make somewhere from $10,000 to $100,000 or more per month.
However, as I said earlier, your earnings will depend on:
- Your niche
- Your monetization strategy
- How much traffic you’re getting to your and where most of your traffic is coming from
Let me break down each of these for you.
Let’s start with a niche:
For instance, if your niche is about music and that’s what you talk about on your blog, well, you’re not going to make that much.
On the other hand… If you talk about topics like health, wealth, relationships, legal-type of topics, especially finance, you can make a decent income from ads.
Picking the right niche is important for your success, so do your best to pick the right niche.
If your goal is to make a decent amount of money from your blog. Then pick your niche based on the amount you want to make.
Some blogging niches are just not that profitable.
Here are some profitable blog niches that will earn you the most money:
- Make Money
- Health & Fitness
- Fashion, etc
Your Monetization Strategy:
You can’t just place Google Adsense on your blog and expect to make tons of money from that.
Even if you have a very profitable niche. Google Adsense doesn’t pay that much to bloggers.
I would not recommend you place Google ads on your blog.
If your main target is to make money from ads…
I suggest you wait until you start getting enough traffic to your blog then you apply for a premium ad company.
Premium ad networks pay more than what Adsense pays.
Your Traffic Level:
The more traffic you get on your blog, the more money you’re likely to make especially if you rely heavily on ads.
That said… If ad is your main strategy then your traffic has to come from the right place.
You will make a lot from ads if most of your traffic comes from these three countries:
- United States of America
The key is to target these three countries. Why? That’s where you’ll make most of your money.
- Recommended Reading: How Much Do Bloggers Make
How Long Does It Take To Make Money Blogging?
Well, to be honest with you, making money blogging takes a very long time. It takes a minimum of 6 months to 1 year of hard work before you can start earning from your blog.
If you’re only starting your blog to make money, then you’re going to get disappointed.
It takes about 35 weeks for Google to start sending traffic to a new post on a new website.
Not only that, you have to also build EAT ( Expertise, Authority, and Trust) with Google before they can start to send traffic to your blog.
And all this takes work and time.
That’s why it takes that long to make money from a blog.
In your first year, I recommend you spend most of your time writing content, not just any kind of content but relevant, high-quality, and valuable content.
Content that solves problems.
And also, you should work on SEO and promote your blog on different social media & forums like Quora, Reddit, etc.
How To Start A Blog That Earns Money
If you’re planning to start your blog so that you can money from it, then you’ll have to first plan everything before you start.
Making money from a blog nowadays is not as easy as it used to be 5-10 years ago.
There is a lot of competition in the blogging space. The only way to stand out among the crowd is to take the right step.
Here Is A Quick Guide Of How To Start A Blog:
- Choose A Blog Topic Or Niche: Pick a topic you’re passionate about, interested in, or want to learn about. You don’t have to have a whole lot of knowledge about it. You can do research or learn about it and then write. Don’t go after topics that you think people are making a lot of money with. Doing that you’ll find it difficult to write content that speaks to your target audience.
- Pick A Domain Name: As you decide on the niche you’re going to be operating in. The next thing is to pick a descriptive name of your blog, this could be your name or your brand name.
- Get Your Blog A Secure Hosting: Here you need to get your blog online. So you need to register your blog by getting hosting. I recommend You choose a secure hosting like Bluehost and start your blog with WordPress.
- Pick A Theme: A theme is simply the design of your blog. WordPress offers tons of free themes, choose one and customize it to your liking. However, if you want a professional good looking website then I recommend you go for premium themes like Divi and Thrive Theme. These two themes are very great and have a lot of functionality.
- Create And Publish Quality Content: Create content that your readers would love to consume. Content is what will drive visitors to your blog, so you want to focus more of your time on that.
- Work On Monetization: There are several ways to make money from your blog. Pick one that you’re comfortable with and monetize your blog with it.
- Promote Your Blog On Different Social Media Platforms: When you start your blog, you’re not going to get tons of readers. Promoting your blog on social media can help you get earlier attraction and engagement on your blog.
PS. I have another post where I share with you step-by-step how to start a blog successfully and also some mistakes to avoid when blogging. Check it out.
How To Make Your Blog Successful
There are so many things you have to learn to make your blog successful. However, the most important one is to learn how to write content that’s relevant to what people are searching for and optimize it for SEO.
To find out what terms, questions, or phrases people are typing into the search engines that are related to your niche so you can create content around.
There are a few keyword research tools out there that can help you with that such as:
These two keyword research tools are advanced and they’ll help you get more information about what people are looking for.
Here Are A Few Things You Should Learn To Become A Successful Blogger:
- Pick your niche, the one that you’re interested in and passionate about
- Host your blog with a self-hosted platform
- Learn to work on your website, this could be WordPress or HTML
- Take time to do proper keyword research, so you can write better content based on what people are searching for
- Learn SEO
- Write good, helpful content regularly
- Give some advice to your readers on the benefits they will get from your blog
- Put some product links related to your blog
- Be consistent and take massive action
- Promote your blog on different social media platforms
How To Drive Traffic To Your Blog
There are several ways you can get traffic to your blog. You don’t have to necessarily focus on big keywords to get a lot of traffic to your blog.
The danger of focusing on big keywords is that you’re going to face a lot of competition which might delay your progress as a new blogger.
The best approach is to go for keywords that are relatively easy and small.
And load them into Google and check the top 5 blogs that are ranking for that keyword and see if they are answering it correctly.
If the answer they provide is not relevant or they’re not answering the question or most of the answers are from forums like Quora and Reddit.
That’s a golden opportunity for you.
Write down that question and produce a better post answering that. Do this 200 times.
Over time, Google will start to send traffic to those questions that you answer which will help you start to build trust with Google with your website.
Most of those questions will only bring in a few hundred people per month to your blog.
However, if you have hundreds of these types of posts.
And most of them start to rank, you can start to have decent traffic to your blog.
- Recommended Reading: How To Build And Maintain An Affiliate Website
FAQs About How Bloggers Get Paid:
What Is A Blog?
A blog is simply an abbreviation that people mostly use, the original name for a blog is a weblog. A blog is a place or a platform on the internet where one can express his or her opinion, idea, or knowledge about a specific subject or topic in the form of an article.
Who Is A Blogger?
A blogger is a person or someone who writes or posts valuable content or articles regularly to help another individual. A blogger communicates and shares his or her ideas on a given topic with the world.
Can You Make Money As A Blogger?
The short answer is yes. You can earn money online as a blogger. You can even make a full-time income from blogging within your first year of blogging if you put in enough effort. However, it’s a long-term and consistent business, so don’t expect to get rich quickly.
How Much Can You Make From A Blog?
According to Glassdoor a full-time blogger can make about $32,88 per year. However, if you’re just starting out, you can expect to earn $100 per month but if you work harder you can earn up to $4,000. You can make less or a lot from your blog but that depends on your offers, traffic level, and monetization strategy.
How Do Beginner Bloggers Make Money?
There are several ways to monetize a blog. Lots of bloggers make money by selling affiliate programs and placing ads on their blogs, but most of the newbie bloggers make money primarily from affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is simply recommending products created by other people and you don’t have to create your own product, deal with customer service, refund, etc.
How Do Bloggers Get Paid?
Ideally, bloggers get paid by providing value that helps others. They try to solve problems that others are having challenges with and in return they sell products to them. If their traffic is enough they get paid for ad impressions and if people click on the ads, they get extra benefits from it.
Do Bloggers Get Paid Per View?
Yes, if you run ads on your blog you can get paid for a certain number of people that view the ad on your blog. Most of the premium ad networks pay you based on page views.
If you’re getting 10,000 views monthly on your blog. You can earn a good amount of money from your blog.
How Much Do Bloggers Make Per 1000 Views?
With 1,000 views you’re not going to make that much from ads but if you have affiliate products you can earn a lot from that view. That said, If a blog gets 1000 views daily, it can earn on average $1 to $1.5 per day and make $40 to $60 a month.
Which Is Better Blogging Or YouTube?
Both blogging and YouTube are very profitable but first, you should figure out your passion and make the perfect choice. Is your passion for writing or recording videos? If you don’t like writing then you should start recording YouTube Videos. It will be your perfect choice.
But If you like writing and you can communicate with words better, then blogging is the best option for you.
That said, If you ask for my advice I would recommend you focus more on YouTube than Blogging. Because video content is in higher demand nowadays than text content.
How Often Should I Blog To Make Money?
Consistency is the key to success in blogging. You must produce more posts if you want to take your blog to the next level. Blogging two or three times a week is better especially if you’re just starting out.
That thing is, the more content you produce the more traffic you get and the more money you’re likely to make. However, just make sure your blog post should be quality over quantity.
How Many Posts Does A Blog Need To Succeed?
If you want to see some sort of success from blogging, you need to blog regularly. It’s not a specific number of blog posts that will make your blog successful, it’s about the amount of traffic you generate on your blog.
And the more posts you have on your blog, the more traffic those posts can bring to your site.
How Many Posts Should I Launch My Blog With?
It doesn’t matter how many posts you have when you start. The most important thing is to start as soon as possible so that you can get found by search engines. Don’t wait till you have 5 or 10 blog posts ready to launch. Start with one post and keep adding more posts as you move.
Is Posting Everyday On Your Blog Too Much?
This could be in some cases. In the view of the Google search bot, this could be normal. But from your audience’s standpoint, this could be too much. Most of your audiences are busy and don’t have the time to read your post everyday.
So, if you write everyday, schedule them to be published two or three times a week.
People generally read a lot on weekends, so scheduling your post for publication on Saturday, Wednesday, and Friday can be of good help.
How Do I Get My Blog Noticed By Google And People?
Technically, the first step to making your site get noticed by Google is to submit it to the Google search console. And if you already have content on it, you must work on SEO (search engine optimization) so that you can get found on search results by people.
How Many Times Should You Blog A Week?
This depends on you and your working ability. You can blog as many times as you want in the week as long as you produce relevant and quality content.
However, for me, I love to blog twice a week. I found it works best for me and I don’t have to overwhelm myself.
What Is The Best Time Of Day To Post A Blog?
This will vary based on your audience and your location. The best way to figure out the right time to post is to run your own experiment. Try different times and days and see how it affects your traffic and engagement.
However, posting on weekdays or weekend evenings (9 pm to 10:30 pm) will get you more traffic than posting during the daytime. As most people have free time during those hours.
Is Blogging Dead
To put it simply – no blogging is not dead. Blogging is rapidly growing just like anything else on the internet. Though there are more blogs today on the internet than ever before, that doesn’t mean blogging is dying.
However, the only thing is that the competitive level in blogging today is very high compared to 10 years ago.
And it’s very hard to get noticed among all of the other blogs out there. But blogging is still profitable.
That’s It Folks!
Bloggers can make money through various income channels like affiliate marketing, display Ads, selling digital products, coaching services, etc.
Remember that consistency, high-quality and relevant content, and engagement with your readers or audience are key to long-term success.
You must balance the desire for fast money with the need to provide value to your readers.