Have you found yourself wondering, “Blog or YouTube” which one is best for affiliate marketing? Well, I got you covered.
I want to start by saying YouTube is owned by Google. Apart from Google, YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world, therefore in my opinion, when thinking about affiliate marketing, I recommend both. Because both blogs and YouTube have the potential to deliver great results when leveraged correctly.
Table of Contents
Blog OR YouTube? Which Is Best For Affiliate Marketing?
Well, both blogs and YouTube are lucrative platforms for affiliate marketing.
And these two platforms have the potential to drive an insane amount of traffic to your affiliate opportunity when done correctly.
In fact, Google owns YouTube, so, when thinking of marketing your product why not use both?
Blog and youtube can help you reach more target audiences and increase your affiliate revenue dramatically.
One benefit of using these two platforms is that you can embed your YouTube video in your blog post.
And you can link your blog articles to your YouTube videos.
The thing is… Some people preferred videos over written text while some like to read text rather than watching a video.
So leveraging these two methods can be of great advantage to your business.
IMPORTANT: If you’re just starting out, I’d recommend you pick only one of these methods and as you start getting enough attraction then add the second one. Don’t start both at once.
Blog Vs YouTube: Which Is Better For A Beginner
Are you asking Blogs or YouTube, which one should you start as a beginner?
Well, in my opinion, I’d recommend you start both because there are a lot of benefits you can derive from using these two platforms.
But don’t start with all at once, start with one then add the second one later as soon as you start having enough success with the first one.
Both of these methods can help get more relevant and targeted traffic to your offer, but generally, it all depends on your skill and comfort level.
I know some people don’t want to be on camera, if you’re such a person, then you should definitely start a blog.
On the other hand… If you suck at writing, well, you should start YouTube then.
There are some marketing skills you need to master in order to profit from these two platforms.
- You need to target the right keyword to get found on the search result
- Understand the basics of SEO
- You need to be able to create quality content and be consistent especially if you’re just starting out in order to start getting attraction
- You need to make your video or blog post relevant to your niche
How Long To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing With A Blog Or YouTube
Well, generally, making money with affiliate marketing either with a blog or YouTube takes a fair amount of time.
Both of these methods are not super easy get-rich-quick kinds of things.
But let’s take a look at each of them and see how long it will take you to make money with them.
Let’s start with a blog.
How Long To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing With A Blog
How long does it take to make money blogging? Well, it takes a number of months to build a successful blog. It takes years of hard work before you’ll start earning from a blog.
But generally, that all depends on the topic you’re writing about, and how quality or valuable, and engaging your content is.
And more importantly, the amount of time and effort you’re putting into building your blog.
If you’re not taking your blog seriously as a real business and you’re just playing around with it – it’ll probably take you a very long time to profit from your blog.
I’d recommend you give your blog at least 6-12 months before expecting any earnings from it.
And 2-3 years to make a full-time income.
The idea that you can start a blog today and make a full-time income within a few months is not true, don’t fall for those lies.
A blog takes time to grow.
How Long To Start Making Money With Affiliate Marketing On YouTube
For how long is required to make money with affiliate marketing on YouTube? Well, first and foremost, making money off affiliate marketing on YouTube is not instant or easy.
It takes time, hard work, and a lot of effort, I’d not give you a time frame here.
But generally, there are a few factors that’ll determine how long.
And thus, your skillset on how to create engaging video content and your skillset on affiliate marketing, and how to convert viewers into customers.
That being said…
If you can target the right audience and create helpful videos, over time, you’ll start to get views and you can start to earn a lot from it.
The key is to…
Focus on building your subscriber base by providing solid content on your channel, then convert your followers into an email list and you can start making money from there.
IMPORTANT: You need to be consistent in posting new videos if you want to succeed on YouTube.
Affiliate Marketing With A Blog And How It Works
What is affiliate marketing with a blog? Affiliate marketing with a blog is a process whereby you share or write information about a given subject or topic that you’re interested in or passionate about.
Then, within the article, you place a link to your affiliate product in the part of the article that makes sense.
And if your readers click and purchase the product you get paid money (commission).
How To Do Affiliate Marketing With A Blog Step-by-Step
The idea of how to make money with affiliate marketing with a blog is simple:
- Step 1. Pick A Niche: Everything starts with a niche. This is so important for your success, the niche you decide to go after can make you fail or succeed. That said, A niche is simply a topic you’re interested in or want to learn about. Pick something that interests you and stick with it for the long run.
- Step 2. Select An Affiliate Product: Research and pick an affiliate product relevant to your niche and which is of high quality. Don’t promote anything that you don’t believe in or have not used before and don’t promote any product for the sake of making a commission.
- Step 3. Set Up Your Blog: As your niche and affiliate product are ready, the next step is to create a blog. A blog gives you more space to establish yourself as an expert or authority figure in your space. If you haven’t started your blog yet, check out this tutorial on how to start a blog.
- Step 4. Create Content On Your Blog: Online content is king. Content is simply providing any piece of information that helps or answers someone’s question or problem. You want to make sure your content is of high quality and relevant to your niche and unique and provides value. This will help readers stay longer on your site and come back for more.
- Step 5. Promote Your Affiliate link: When your blog starts to generate traffic, you want to start adding affiliate links within the part of your article that make sense. And at the point where your readers click and buy something through your link, you get paid.
- Step 6. Build An Email: You need to build a list, don’t send people to a direct affiliate link. Take your reader through a funnel to capture their email addresses before sending them to your affiliate offer. This way, if they don’t buy the product at that moment, now you have a chance to remarket the product to them over and over again until they’re ready to buy it.
PS: I wrote another post where I go into more in detail on: How To Do Affiliate Marketing With A Website Or Blog. Check it out.
Affiliate Marketing On YouTube And How It Works
What is affiliate marketing on YouTube? Affiliate marketing YouTube is when you promote a product within your YouTube video description and you earn a commission for every purchase made through your link.
Once you create your channel around a specific niche and product.
You can start producing videos about that niche and then place your affiliate product link in the video description.
Here Are How To Do Affiliate Marketing On YouTube Step-by-Step
- Pick a niche you’re interested in and that you’re going to build your channel around.
- Find an affiliate product to promote, and pick a product that’s of high quality.
- Create your YouTube channel.
- Plan your content. YouTube values content, the more content you create for them, the more your channel also grows.
- Start producing useful video videos related to your niche.
- In the video, you want to mention your affiliate link.
- Then, add the affiliate link to the description of the video.
- Be consistent with your posting. In the case of YouTube, they value consistency. As I said earlier, the more often you post, the more YouTube will pay attention to your channel and start ranking your videos on the first result page.
- Learn about YouTube. The YouTube platform is constantly changing, so you want to be aware of what to do to make your video rank.
PS: I have another post where I go more in-depth on how to start affiliate marketing using YouTube.
How Much Can I Earn With Affiliate Marketing With A Blog
First and foremost, I want to start by saying, earning money from affiliate marketing using a blog is not an easy thing.
It takes time, effort, and a lot of hard work, especially in the beginning phase.
The problem is…
A lot of so-called gurus and get-rich scam programs suggest that making money with affiliate marketing can be done fast and with little or no effort.
That’s a big lie, don’t fall for that.
How much can you earn with affiliate marketing using a blog, the answer is it depends.
The niche you’re in, the kind of affiliate product you’re promoting, and the amount of traffic you generate to your blog and your product play a huge role in how much you’ll be earning.
With that being said…
The reality with affiliate marketing with a blog is that there are a few who are really successful and are earning significant income from it and there are a ton who aren’t making anything.
A good number of people who are successful with affiliate marketing with a blog are earning anywhere from $10,000 to $100,000 and even more.
NOTE: Affiliate marketing is a cool online business when done correctly can filthy make you rich. Make sure you implement the right strategy, don’t look for shortcuts.
How Much Can I Earn With Affiliate Marketing On YouTube
How much you can earn with affiliate marketing on Youtube is endless. I know a few affiliate marketers who are earning 6-figures per month ($100,000) with affiliate marketing on YouTube.
Making that figure is not easy but once you have an established YouTube channel and you do things correctly, over time, you can also be earning that amount.
The key component to making a lot of money with affiliate marketing on YouTube is to build an audience.
And then build a system in place to follow up with your audience to build trust and relationships with them.
REMEMBER: Like every successful marketer out there, they also started with ZERO, so be patient and implement the right strategy.
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing With A Blog
A blog is an important tool for running an affiliate business. It helps you in a ton of ways.
- A blog can be used to build an online presence which can help you build trust and credibility with your target audience.
- With a blog, you can add affiliate links to your article without any restriction.
- A blog can be used to provide useful information to people (readers) and at the same time generate decent affiliate income.
- It gives you opportunities to show off your knowledge or expertise on a given topic and establish yourself as an authority figure or go-to person for advice in your industry.
- It is good for getting relevant, and high-quality traffic to an affiliate link which will result in great sales and income.
- Blogging is also a good way for increasing your brand awareness. When people search for something related to your blog, you’ll have a better chance of showing up in the search results and this can lead to brand recognition.
- It helps increase traffic to your website and generate an insane amount of leads for your affiliate business. Every good internet marketer understands the power of building an email list. In any online business, leads are the lifeblood of your business, leads can dramatically help you scale your business and income.
TAKE NOTE: In order to make your blog successful, you need to invest time into content quality, have enough content on your blog, and often update your old post.
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing On YouTube
Nowadays, it seems like a lot of people are preferring video content over written text. This means, that as an affiliate you can utilize YouTube to get better results.
- Video helps you to build the Know, Like, and Trust factor with people way faster than a blog. The reality of this is that you’re showing your face on camera and people are more likely to connect with you better because they know you’re a real human being.
- We live in a microwave world now, people want things to be done faster and videos explain things better in less than a minute. When people want to know something in less time they often go to YouTube.
- YouTube videos rank faster than blog posts which take forever to take off. This means with videos, when things are done correctly you can start to generate affiliate revenue in a short period.
- You can use YouTube videos to attract potential buyers to your affiliate offers easily.
- You can use YouTube videos to attract curious viewers and drive traffic to your blog.
- YouTube helps you to get more exposure and grow your affiliate business faster and better.
How To Create Affiliate Content For A Blog And YouTube
When it comes to building a profitable online business with affiliate marketing, content plays a huge role in your success.
Always make sure you’re producing valuable content for your targeted audience.
The more you help them with your content, the higher the chances of them clicking on your affiliate links.
Let’s take a look at how you can create content for a blog or YouTube.
Let’s start with a blog.
Here Is How To Create SEO Content For A Blog
- Decide On A Niche
- Do A Thorough Keyword Research
- Check What Other Blogs In Your Niche Are Writing Around That Same Keyword
- Gather Information
- Write An Outline For Your Blog Post
- Start Writing
- Use Paragraph And Keep Your Paragraph Short And Simple
- Craft A Better Heading (Title)
- Add an image, Infographic To Your Blog
- Optimize Your Post And Images For SEO
- Link To Relevant Content On Your Site
- Link To Other Relevant Website In Your Niche
- Add affiliate Links To Your Post Where It Makes Sense
- Share Your Content On Social Media
- Regular Update Your Old Post And Add Length To It
The above-mentioned are the steps to create SEO-friendly content for a blog.
How To Create SEO Content For YouTube
- As You Already Know, Pick A Niche You’re Passionate About And Knowledgeable In
- Research And Find Out If What You’re Considering As Your Topic Is In High Demand
- Know Your Subject Matter
- Conduct Research, Study Other Successful YouTuber In Your Niche Who Are Creating Video Around The Same Topic, Keyword And Learn Their Techniques
- Take That technique And Adapt It In Your Video In Your Own Way And Style
- Start Your Video With A Hook And Tell Your Audience What They’re Going To Learn And They Should Stick To The End
- Be Specific And Know What You’re Talking About. People Come To YouTube To Learn. The More Specific You’re, The More Likely People Will Watch Your Video Longer
- Be Authentic, Be You, And Let Your Personality Shine. Don’t Try To Be Who You’re Not
- Be Consistent, At least Post 1 or 2 Video Per Week
Best Affiliate Program For Monetizing A Blog Or YouTube Channel
There are already a handful of affiliate programs or networks out there.
Instead of you looking for the best one to monetize your blog or YouTube channel.
I’d recommend you look for the one that’s in high demand and of good quality and offers a solution that your readers or viewers are in need of.
And also offers a good commission per sale.
Here Are Some criteria I’d Like You To Look For When Choosing An Affiliate Program:
- The Demand Of The Product Or Services
- The Commission Rate Or Structure
- Cookie Lifetime Or Duration
- Possible Recurring Commission
IMPORTANT: When picking an affiliate program to promote, take time to run thorough research about that product before pushing it to your audience.
Never promote anything without conducting research about it.
If possible, I’d recommend you buy the product yourself and test it out yourself.
This way, you’ll know if it is of good quality and will help solve your audience’s needs.
Here Are A Few Affiliate Networks To Find Good Product To Sell:
- Rakuten Marketing
- Cj Affiliate
How To Improve Your Affiliate Marketing Using A Blog Or YouTube
First and foremost, I want to start by saying that success with affiliate marketing either with a blog or YouTube requires effort and hard work, and above all patience.
But unfortunately, most beginning affiliates do not make it through affiliate marketing because they lack patience and they’re not willing to put in the work long enough.
They believe affiliate marketing is a get-rich-quick scheme. Nope! Success only comes after you’ve put in the necessary work long enough.
Here Are The Best Ways To Scale Up Your Affiliate marketing With Either A Blog Or YouTube Is:
- Pick The Right Niche That Interests You
Picking the right niche is the key to running a successful affiliate marketing business.
But the thing is that there are too many of them and this makes it hard to know which one is profitable or will bring you the most money.
The thing with a niche is that not all of them are the same, some may bring in more traffic and income than others.
Choosing the right niche for you is very important – because it is what will determine whether your affiliate marketing is going to be profitable or not.
NOTE: Don’t just choose any niche simply because you see other marketers making a ton of money from that niche.
If you want to make the most out of your affiliate marketing, you want to make sure which niches are worth focusing on.
By the way, here are some of the profitable niches if you want to make the most out of your affiliate marketing:
- Health & Fitness
- Wealth & Making Money Online
- Relationship & Dating, etc
There are a lot of profitable niches out there but the above-mentioned beat all of them.
But the way, if your preferred niche doesn’t fall under the above-mentioned categories.
- PS: I have another post where I share with you some other profitable niches for affiliate marketing.
- Have A Good Knowledge About Your Niche
Having a good knowledge about the niche you’re operating your business is very essential for your success.
It doesn’t matter what business you’re running, having good knowledge about your business or niche will help you build your network and earn a handsome income in the long run.
So, you want to commit to learning about your niche.
- Pick High In Demand Affiliate Product
High in-demand product means people are constantly searching for such a product to purchase.
And are willing to make a purchase decision anytime.
You can find and partner with products that have a high demand in your niche and influence people to make a purchase decision.
- Offer Coupons Or Bonuses On Your Affiliate Product
One of the best and most effective affiliate marketing strategies for increasing your affiliate income is to offer a bonus on top of the product you’re promoting.
Naturally, people love free things. Offering them coupons or bonuses on top of your product.
They’ll definitely purchase the product through you instead of the other person who’s not offering any freebies to them.
- Leverage Multiple Methods Of Promotion
As the saying goes, don’t put all your eggs in one basket. You want to increase your visibility by leveraging more than one platform for promoting your affiliate offers.
You can use promotional methods such as Blog articles, YouTube videos, email marketing, webinars, etc.
Taking this approach, you’ll be able to reach a large audience and increase your income.
- Target The Right Audience
It’s often said, if you’re marketing to anybody, you’re marketing to nobody. And that’s absolutely true.
Online not everyone is your target audience.
Target audience simply means people who are interested in your offer and are more likely to purchase it from you.
Online, you must understand that not everyone is interested or willing to buy what you’re promoting.
You’ll have to target or find people who are only interested in your offer and market to them only.
Targeting the right audience is a must if you want to see some sort of success with your affiliate marketing.
- Build An Email List And Leverage The Power OF Email Marketing
You cannot make any serious income from your affiliate business by directly sending visitors to raw affiliate links.
It doesn’t work like that. To build a long-term affiliate business.
Create a landing page or sales funnel for your product to first capture visitors’ email addresses before forwarding them to the sales page of the product you’re promoting.
That way, if they don’t purchase the product at the moment which most of them are not going to do.
Now, you have a chance to remarket that same product to them over and over again through email marketing until they’re ready to buy.
That said… To create a landing page, there are a couple of software you’re going to need to do that successfully. You can use email software like GetResponse.
GetResponse offers all the necessary tools you need to run successful email marketing.
I personally use GetResponse and my experience with them was amazing.
- Follow Up With Your List And Build Trust With Them
With the email list you built, you’re going to follow up with your list with helpful email content to build more trust and relationships with them.
The thing is, people hardly buy from people they don’t know, like, and trust.
And following up with your list, over time, they’ll begin to know you and connect with you better.
This overtime will make it easier for you to sell anything to them.
- Increase Your Skills & Creativity
No matter your business model, you definitely need some skills to succeed.
You need to possess certain marketing skills to be able to come up with great ideas in affiliate marketing.
If you want to earn more money from your business in the long run.
Making money online, especially with affiliate marketing is not a get-rich-quick or press-a-button-and-make-money kind of thing.
It takes an incredible amount of time and works to be successful in affiliate marketing.
So, you need to be patient and take massive action toward your business.
What Are Some Of The Profitable Affiliate Marketing Niches For A Blog Or YouTube
The best and most effective way to generate a decent amount of income from affiliate marketing is to pick a profitable niche.
Also, a great niche idea is key to the success of any affiliate business.
When picking a profitable niche to promote, there are a few things you need to consider.
And that’s to always consider people’s needs or pain points first, not money.
Well, the thing is, people buy products not because they like them. But because they are in need of it to solve a particular problem they’re having a challenge with.
Help them to solve that problem by providing or recommending problem-solving products or services to them.
Here Are Some Profitable Niche You Can Promote On Your Blog Or YouTube Channel:
- Health – Health is one of the biggest concerns for a lot of people. If you have any experience in this space, you can build your affiliate marketing business around this and share your knowledge with people. People will be more than happy to pay you to help them if it’s a very helpful piece of information.
- Wealth – There is a great demand in this space as a lot of people are looking for ways to make more money or grow their income. You can find a program that teaches people how to go about this and simply share it with them as an affiliate and earn a good commission.
- Relationship – The relationship niche is a rapidly growing niche as a lot of people are looking for ways to better or improve their relationships either with family members, friends, or coworkers. If you have any knowledge or resources, you can help people to improve their love lives by offering advice or books, and in return, you can earn a decent income from that.
Other profitable affiliate niches….
- Pet Care
- Personal Development
Best Blogs About Affiliate Marketing
Among many various affiliate marketing blogs out there on different affiliate marketing topics, I’d suggest the following.
- Smart Passive Income
- Mathew Woodward
- Charles Ngo
- John Chow
- Mobidea Academy
- Missy Ward
- Luke Kling
- Niche Pursuit
- Finch Sells
Why Do I Choose The Above Mentone Over Many Affiliate Blogs Out There?
- These blog sites provide useful articles about affiliate marketing on their blogs
- They cover various topics related to affiliate marketing
- You learn step-by-step how to build and scale affiliate marketing business
- They provide content in a user-friendly form
- Contents are been updated regularly
Best YouTube Channel About Affiliate Marketing
There are a ton of YouTube channels out there about affiliate marketing. There are 6 channels that I can recommend for you if you want to learn affiliate marketing the right way.
Blog Vs YouTube Channel FAQS!
Blog And YouTube Which One Is Best For Affiliate Marketing?
Both Blogs and YouTube are very profitable, both can give you a big advantage when it comes to promoting your affiliate offers. You can write blog articles and at the same time create a video about the same topic. That way, you have multiple ways to get your product seen by different people.
Is Blogging More Profitable Than YouTube?
There are two sides to this question but in my opinion, the answer is yes. If you’re running an online business, having a blog is a must. There is a lot of potential with a blog. Having a blog you get more targeted traffic and in terms of promotion, you can promote your affiliate link without any restriction.
Is YouTube More Profitable Than Blogging?
Well, first and foremost, both YouTube and Blogging are amazing ways for affiliate marketing but in terms of traffic, it seems nowadays the Google algorithm is paying more attention to YouTube videos than blog articles. So basically Google is ranking YouTube videos higher than blog articles. But that doesn’t mean blogging is going away. It is still effective but not like years ago.
Can You Use YouTube For Affiliate Marketing?
Yes, you can. Affiliate marketing through YouTube is an amazing way if you want to get fast results. Once you have a YouTube channel, you can create videos related to your niche and leave your affiliate link in the video description field down below the video.
Can I Use Blog For Affiliate Marketing?
Yes, you can. Most top bloggers use affiliate marketing on their blogs, it is their biggest income source. That said, to get the most out of your blog with affiliate marketing, you want to focus on a profitable niche. Focus on search analysis (keyword research) and create useful content around those keywords. Be consistent in posting, posting once a week is a good start. Promote your content on social media, and forums, and then build an email list.
Is A Blog Good For Affiliate Marketing?
Yes, it is because one of the best and most effective ways to promote affiliate products is through informational content and blog posts are good for that. You can write reviews or information content and place your affiliate links within the content.
Which Is Better, Blog Or A Website For Affiliate Marketing?
According to user Brain Lett user on Quora: A blog can increase conversions by providing value to visitors. Its audience will trust your recommendation and be more likely to buy the product. A website can be more successful with affiliate marketing if it specializes in a particular niche and offers helpful articles and videos. Both types of websites can provide high-value content. Whether a website or blog, you need to create content that people can relate to.
How Do Bloggers Get Affiliates?
First and foremost you want to start by looking for program relevance to your blog topic. To get that, simply type your niche plus affiliate network or program (your niche + affiliate programs) and you’ll discover some really cool ones. Then run thorough research about that product to see if it’s of good quality. If it is, you can start to promote it to your readers.
Do I Need A Blog To Be An Affiliate?
No, you don’t necessarily need a blog to do affiliate marketing, you can use social media platforms. However, the benefit of having a blog as an affiliate is that you have absolute control over your blog and you can promote your affiliate links on your blog without any restrictions. In addition, having a blog as an affiliate will allow you to build an online presence, trust, and authority with your targeted audience.
However, apart from that, you can affiliate without a blog or website.
- PS: I have another post where I share with you some of the best ways to do affiliate marketing with a blog.
That’s It Folks!
In conclusion on “blog and YouTube” which one is best for affiliate marketing.
I’d say both are very lucrative for affiliate marketing promotion, especially if it focuses on a particular niche and offers useful content related to people’s needs.
IMPORTANT: But if you’re just starting out and to make sure you’re successful, I’d recommend you choose one that you think is best for you.
If YouTube is your thing, great, then take massive action towards that ( and be committed).
If Blogging is where your interest is, then, you want to focus your energy on writing helpful articles.
Produce more compelling content to attract visitors and guide your visitors to your affiliate links.