Etsy affiliate marketing guidelines: I’m sitting here wondering “can you do affiliate marketing on Etsy”, so I did a little research.
When it comes to making money online, affiliate marketing is one of the best and most popular to earn money on the internet.
There are a lot of people who have become rich primarily with affiliate marketing.
Table of Contents
So, Can You Do Affiliate Marketing On Etsy
Upon my research, the answer to that is yes – affiliate marketing can be done on Etsy. There are a ton of marketers that are using the Etsy marketplace to sell affiliate products or services and are earning a decent income.
There are even people who are promoting Etsy products and services and are making a full-time income.
But you need to understand this, “affiliate marketing on Etsy” has to be done right.
Otherwise, you can get your account flagged or banned.
Etsy has terms of service and guidelines for affiliate marketing, and as long as you follow or abide by those terms.
You’re free to use Etsy platform for your affiliate promotion.
Is Affiliate Marketing On Etsy Profitable
Affiliate marketing on Etsy can be very profitable as long as it is done right or correctly.
On every platform out there, there are right and wrong ways to approach it.
If you approach affiliate marketing on Etsy correctly, it can be profitable.
And more importantly if the product you’re working with offers a good commission rate per referral.
And you’re able to drive a ton of eyeballs (traffic) to that product – you can make a “bank” (I mean a lot of money with affiliate marketing on Etsy).
Why Use Etsy For Affiliate Marketing
Let’s take a look at a few benefits you can derive from “using Etsy for promoting affiliate marketing programs”:
- Etsy’s product range is diverse enough to keep customers on the site for hours.
- You can sell other people’s products or services using the Etsy platform.
- Etsy is an excellent platform, and also a lucrative marketplace for buying stuff you use in your daily life. Other people can find products you listed for sale on Etsy.
- The Etsy marketplace enables you to run ads to get in front of more targeted audiences and increase your income.
- Etsy offers a wide range of products in any niche you can think of, so you can easily find any product that’s related to your niche and your audience’s needs.
- It is a well-known and trusted platform and has a large customer base in a variety of niches.
- It’s super easy to join the Etsy affiliate program, and anyone can join and promote the program for a commission.
So, How To Start Affiliate Marketing On Etsy Effectively
There are several ways you can use Etsy to make money online. That said, to start affiliate marketing on Etsy.
Follow the step below to get started with affiliate marketing on Etsy:
- Step #1: Pick a niche
- Step #2. Select an affiliate product
- Step #3. Get your affiliate link
- Start Promoting your affiliate link
- Step #5: Get your commission
Step #1: Pick a niche: The first step to making money online with affiliate marketing using Etsy or any platform out there is to first decide on a niche or topic you’re interested in or are passionate about.
Step #2. Select an affiliate product: Next, you want to sign up for an affiliate product you believe in or have used before. Or you can even sign up for the Etsy affiliate program.
Step #3. Get your affiliate link: Once you’ve been accepted into the program, you’ll get access to your affiliate link, this link is what you’ll be using to promote the product.
Step #4. Start Promoting your affiliate link: As you get access to your affiliate link, you can then start to place it on your blog, website, social media platform, or Etsy marketplace.
Step #5: Get your commission: When your audiences, readers, or followers purchase the product through your unique affiliate links, you’ll earn a commission on that initial sale.
- PS. I wrote another article where I go more into detail on how to make money with affiliate marketing the right way. Check it out!
How Much Money Can You Earn With Affiliate Marketing Using Etsy
There is no specific income design for you to earn with affiliate marketing when using Etsy.
The amount of money you can earn with affiliate marketing on Etsy is vary depending on factors such as:
- The niche you’re in
- The kind of product you’re promoting
- The commission rate of the product
- The amount of traffic you’re generating on that product
- And the number of sales you generate
For example, if you promote products that fall under niches such as (make money online on space, health & fitness, relationships & dating).
And you’re promoting products that offer a high commission rate per sale.
And you drive a ton of targeted traffic to that product.
Over time, you can make significant money from your affiliate business.
Does Etsy Have An Affiliate Program
The answer is yes, Etsy has its own affiliate program and has a ton of interesting services that appeal to a wide range of audiences but they only pay 5% commission which is pretty low.
How Does The Etsy Affiliate Program Work?
How the Etsy affiliate program work is quite simple:
- You sign up with Etsy affiliate programs as an affiliate
- Then, you get access to your Etsy affiliate account and your affiliate link
- After getting your affiliate links, you can start promoting Etsy products on your website or blog
- And when people click and purchase the product, you earn a commission
Etsy Affiliate Commission Structure?
- The commission rate for the Etsy affiliate program is 4%
- 30 days cookie duration
Etsy Affiliate Payment Threshold?
- When you have reached $50 in your Etsy affiliate account, you can request an affiliate payout
Etsy Affiliate Requirement?
The Etsy affiliate program is open to anyone no matter which part of the world you live in. However, they don’t accept cashback and voucher code websites.
Etsy Affiliate Payment Method?
Etsy payout its affiliates through PayPal. But you’ll need to complete your tax form before you can receive payment for affiliate sales.
How To Become An Esty Affiliate
- To become an Etsy affiliate, simply hover over to Google and type in “Etsy affiliate program”
- Then click through to the Etsy affiliate program page.
- Then click on the button that said “Apply Now” and simply sign up to become an affiliate.
- Once accepted into the program, you can log in to your Etsy affiliate account and access your unique affiliate link. This link is what you’ll be using to promote Etsy products.
P.S. You Can Sign Up For Etsy Affiliate Program Here
Can You Really Earn Good Money Promoting Etsy Affiliate Program
Yes, it is possible to earn good money promoting affiliate products on Etsy, there are countless people who are making a healthy income on Etsy.
But you’re going to have to put in a ton of work, effort, and time to get your desired results.
One of the key components is to focus on driving traffic to the product you’re promoting.
Well, online, traffic is the lifeblood of your business.
The more targeted traffic you can get on your product, the more money you’re likely to make.
How Much Do Etsy Top Affiliates Make
There are a lot of people who are making substation income on Etsy and you can but it going to take time, effort, consistency, and a lot of learning.
That said, I personally know a lady who’s earning anywhere from $18,000 – $20,000 per month selling printables on Etsy.
The key is to pick a niche that’s in high demand, then start adding have-price products to your Etsy shop.
Then start driving traffic to your shop and over time, you can start to earn good money.
How To Succeed As Etsy Affiliate Marketer
One of the best and proven ways to succeed as an Etsy affiliate marketer is first to identify what problems your targeted audiences are facing.
And then, provide a solution to those problems, this includes producing content that helps solve their problem.
The more people you help with their problems, the more successful you’ll become.
What Are The Best Ways To Promote Etsy Affiliate Program
There are numerous ways you can market your Etsy affiliate product, Some popular strategies include:
- Writing product reviews post
- Tutorials and how-to-guides
- Social media marketing
- Forum marketing
- Paid advertising
- Email marketing, etc
The above-mentioned are some of the best ways to promote Etsy affiliate program.
That said, whichever platform you choose, make sure you stick with it long enough until success before moving to a different one.
FAQs: On Affiliate Marketing On Etsy
What Is Etsy?
Etsy is an eCommerce marketplace with over 7 million sellers with 86 buyers that are based in Brokenly, New York, in the United State. The Etsy marketplace enables people to sell handmade items and creative materials which are made by hand.
Is It Hard To Make Money On Etsy?
In my opinion, Yes, making money on Etsy is hard. Research shows that about 50% of all Etsy sellers have fewer sales, so it can be very difficult if you’re trying to make a living off Etsy especially when you’re new. Don’t quit your day job until you’re generating enough revenue from your Etsy shop before making any move.
Are Affiliate Links Allow On Etsy?
The answer is yes – affiliate links are allowed on Etsy as long as you’re not doing anything spamming and not violating Etsy terms of service and guidelines for affiliate marketing.
Can I Use My Own Etsy Store To Sell Affiliate Products?
Absolutely yes, you can use your Etsy store to sell affiliate products and services but you’ll have to include a disclaimer that you’re using an affiliate link which will earn your a commission.
Can I Use My Own Image When Promoting Etsy Products As An Affiliate?
In my opinion, I think yes, you can use your own image when promoting Etsy affiliate program as an affiliate marketer.
Is the Etsy Affiliate Program Free To Join?
The answer is yes, the Etsy affiliate program is free and anybody can join, there is no start-up fee or cost of becoming an Etsy affiliate.