Answered: Affiliate marketing does pay that’s why a lot of people are moving into this industry. And also that is why almost every niche has an affiliate program and courses.
However, earning significant income from affiliate marketing takes a ton of time, effort, and consistency.
However, if you’re willing to put in the necessary work long enough and you’re patient, affiliate marketing can really pay you well.
Table of Contents
Does Affiliate Marketing Really Pay Well?
To put it simply – yes, affiliate programs do pay well if you really or successfully generate sales through your affiliate link. However, success isn’t guaranteed because not everyone can earn with affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a learning curve and also has to be treated as a real business model in order to see success.
This means, in order to earn in affiliate marketing, you need to first educate yourself about the topic of affiliate marketing.
Thus, you need to learn (what is it all about, how it works, its pros and cons, do’s & don’t, and how to actually approach it the right way to find success, etc).
You need to be willing to put in hard work, time, effort, and commitment, in order to see any sort of success.
And more importantly, you want to learn marketing.
As an affiliate marketer, if you learn how to market the right way to the right audience, you’ll definitely win and your chances of earning income from affiliate marketing are very much guaranteed in the long run.
What Is Affiliate Marketing And How Does It Work
In a nutshell, affiliate marketing is when you promote another individual product or service in exchange for a commission.
Affiliate marketing makes it possible for people to earn money on products or services without creating the product or services themselves.
In affiliate marketing commissions are typically a percentage of the sale price of the product, but most often it can occasionally be a fixed amount.
How Affiliate Marketing Works Is Relatively Simple:
- You find a product you like or have used before.
- You then sign up with the product as an affiliate.
- As you sign up you’re given a unique link, this link is what you’ll use to promote the product.
- You can promote this link on your YouTube channel, blog, or social media.
- And if someone clicks on that link and buys the item, you get paid money which is termed as commission.
P.S. I have another post where I go into more detail on what affiliate marketing is and how it works. Check it out!
Does Affiliate Marketing Pay For Impression?
Well, the answer to that is NO!
Affiliate marketing doesn’t pay for impressions. By definition affiliate marketing is performance-based marketing; this means you’ll only get paid when people click on your link and actually purchase what you’re promoting.
So, to put it simply – you only get paid when you make a sale.
Other than that you won’t get paid for just impressions. Impressions are nothing if your visitors are not converting sales.
Impression simply means the number of times your link is shown to people.
Does One Have To Pay Before Joining Affiliate Marketing Programs?
No, you don’t have to!
Generally, there’s no cost to joining any affiliate program or network.
Most of the affiliate programs are FREE to join and in fact, most of the programs are looking for people to join their program and promote their products and services for them in exchange for a commission.
Some programs may require you to have a personal website and a certain level of traffic before deciding to approve you into their system.
But in most cases, not all of them require that.
Apart from that, there’s no initial or upfront investment in joining any affiliate program.
But wait, do you necessarily need a website to do affiliate marketing?
Well, having a website is not a necessity.
But on a serious note, if you want to get serious with affiliate marketing and run it like a real business then you need to at least have your own website.
That said… Having a website is going to cost you a few dollars.
You can set up your own website with Bluehost Here.
Bluehost is the world’s number one hosting company out there, it comes with many amazing features to help get your site up and running within a minute.
Here is the Link to Bluehost again.
(I’m an affiliate for Bluehost meaning if you go through my link I’ll receive a small commission which is no additional cost to you but this helps me to focus on delivering more helpful content for you and others) Thanks For Support!
- P.S. To start your own website or blog, check my step-by-step tutorial here on how to start a successful blog.
What Affiliate Marketing Pay The Most?
Well, naturally this solely depends on the niche you are in. There are some niches that earn you less money and there are also some well-established niches that are very profitable and will earn you the most money.
The best and most lucrative niches that you can make the most money from are finance, health, and relationship niche.
These three niches are the most paid categories in affiliate marketing.
Here Is A List Of Some Of The Profitable Niches Online:
- Health & Fitness
- Wealth/ Personal Finance & Investment
- Relationship & Dating
- Pet Care
- Life Coaching
- Beauty & Fashion
- Self-Improvement, etc
IMPORTANT: The most important thing is to pick a niche you’re at least interested in and are passionate about.
Don’t go after any niche just for the purpose of making money.
If the passion and the desire are not there, when things get tight in that niche chances are that you’ll easily give up or quit.
I highly recommend you pick something you love. Not something that will make you the most money.
By the way…
P.S: I have another post where I share with you more in detail some of the profitable niches and programs in affiliate marketing. Check it out.
What Are The Types Of Affiliate Marketing?
Well, to be honest with you there’s nothing like types of affiliate marketing, there are just categories in which you can promote products.
Affiliate marketing is a broad topic and one of the largest online businesses out there.
There are three main categories that you need to understand.
Each category requires knowledge and understanding on your end to make sure your marketing efforts are effective.
Here are the categories of affiliate marketing:
- Affiliate Marketing Network: An affiliate network connects you with companies, and brands who are looking to promote their product and services and reach a large audience.
- Affiliate Marketing Program: With this, online merchants pay affiliates commissions for sending them, new customers. The affiliates are given a unique link by the merchant, this link is what the affiliate uses to send sales and traffic to the merchant’s website.
- Affiliate Marketing Product: These are products or services created by merchants and are listed on affiliate networks with the aim of getting sales or increasing sales.
Is It Hard To Earn In Affiliate Marketing As A Beginner?
Well, in my opinion, this can depend on how you approach your affiliate marketing business.
Earning in affiliate marketing is not that HARD and that does not also mean it’s EASY.
The truth is, it all depends on you and your willingness to learn and take action on what you learn.
It also depends on where and who you learn your affiliate marketing skill from.
As with anything in life, it requires GOOD knowledge to succeed.
I’d highly suggest you find a good Affiliate Mentor, someone who is already successful with what you’re doing and learn as much as you can from them.
And keep taking massive action until you figure everything out and are thriving in your affiliate business.
- P.S. Check out this post on how to learn affiliate marketing. In this post, I provide some of the best places to learn affiliate marketing the right way.
How Long It Takes To Earn In Affiliate Marketing As A Beginner?
In theory, the concept of making money with affiliate marketing seems easy and simple but in reality, it’s not.
Making money online with affiliate marketing takes time.
It takes years of hard work and handling many things before you can get people to sign up with your affiliate link and earn a commission.
Initially, it can take you 2-3 years of hard work and effort before you start earning significant income with your affiliate marketing.
You can’t just expect to earn money on the first day you start affiliate marketing, it doesn’t work that way.
The most important thing is to focus and do the work and be patient.
I recommend you don’t quit your day job until you start making decent income from your affiliate business that’ll cover your expenses before making any attempt of making affiliate marketing your full-time business.
- P.S.: I have another post where I break down how long it will actually take you to start making money from affiliate marketing.
How Much Can A Beginner Make Doing Affiliate Marketing?
Initially, you earn a commission on each sale that you generate, so, there is no limit to how much you can earn with affiliate marketing.
If you’re able to make thousands or millions of sales per day or month as an affiliate of a certain program.
Your affiliate program will definitely pay you for the sales you generate.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Enhance Your Income?
Affiliate marketing is a great business model to add more revenue to your current income.
The cost of starting affiliate marketing is relatively low, meaning it costs little or no investment to get started and that’s a profit for you.
Compared to other businesses out there, affiliate marketing offers a very high reward when you already have huge clients, followers, subscribers, or an audience online.
You’ll start to receive good responses which can turn into organic leads and that indirectly increases your income.
You can offer products related to what you already have and grow your income.
How Do Affiliate Marketers Make Money For Beginners?
There are various ways that you can make money online as a beginning affiliate marketer.
You can make money with affiliate marketing through product recommendations or product reviews.
You can write blog articles and within the article, you can link your affiliate product in the article.
And when your readers click on your unique affiliate link and purchase your recommendation, you get paid.
You can also create YouTube videos and review products you’re an affiliate for.
Both of these marketing strategies work really well when done correctly.
With affiliate marketing, any type of content can lead to monetization.
But when starting out, I highly recommend your focus on building TRUST with your audience first, don’t focus on money first.
Well, money follows Trust.
People are only going to feel connected to you and eventually purchase what you recommend if they know, like, and trust you.
So… You should focus on helping your audience first by providing USEFUL CONTENT that helps solve their biggest problem and pain in order to build trust with them
Taking this approach your chances of making money from your affiliate marketing are a lot higher.
How To Get Paid In Affiliate Marketing
So, now, as you know that affiliate marketing does pay and it’s a viable way to make money online.
Let’s take a look at the steps you need to take to get paid to do affiliate marketing.
The Steps To Make Money From Affiliate Marketing As A Beginner:
- Pick a niche you’re passionate about. A niche is simply a topic or an area you’re going to build your business around.
- Research and sign up for affiliate programs. Research and apply for affiliate products. Pick products that are of good quality and related to your niche.
- Create your blog. You need a place to promote your affiliate product. There are a lot of platforms out there that you can leverage to promote your product, but I found blogging to be one of the best ways you can promote your affiliate product without any restrictions.
- Start producing quality content on a regular basis. Online content is king, content is what will attract potential buyers or visitors to your affiliate product. So, you want to focus more on that.
- Start building an email list of visitors on your blog. People barely buy products for the first time. Research shows that people normally buy an offer on the seventh time of seeing it. So, you want to first capture your visitors’ email addresses before sending them to the product sales page. That way if they don’t buy the product at that moment now you have the chance to remarket the product to them through email marketing over and over again until they’re ready to buy.
- Learn marketing. Learning how to properly market the right way to the right audience is very essential for creating a successful affiliate marketing business. So, invest in training courses and learn marketing.
Why Can’t Some People Don’t Make Money With Affiliate Marketing?
Though affiliate marketing is promised to be one of the best ways of making money online.
However… There are some things that prevent a lot of people from getting their first affiliate sale.
The thing is a lot of people approach affiliate marketing as a solution to their financial problems.
I mean they start affiliate marketing with high expectations of making money and if the money isn’t coming in their expected time they give up.
Well, to be honest with you, making money online, especially with affiliate marketing is not an overnight process.
In my opinion, I think the most reasons why people struggle with affiliate marketing is simply because of a lack of proper skill set and a wrong mindset.
- P.S. You can learn more here, as I share with you 12 top reasons why people fail to make their first affiliate sales.
That’s It Folks: Does Affiliate Marketing Really Pay
Wrapping it up o does affiliate marketing pay? Affiliate marketing pays well when you don’t quit along the way. Making money with affiliate marketing takes years of hard work, effort, and patience.
Don’t fall for get-rich-quick and overnight success kind of stuff – it takes a fair amount of time and consistency to earn from affiliate marketing.
However, in general, how long it’ll take you will all depend on determination and work ethic.
Many times a lot of affiliate marketers give up before making their first affiliate sale.
But once you get serious about it and decide to take massive action on it on daily basis over time, you’ll start to see sales coming in on a regular basis.
Keep working on your affiliate business on a daily basis and affiliate marketing will pay you like never before!